Monday, July 14, 2014

Washington D.C.




One last trip before we have this little one! It was a little brutal being 7 months pregnant... and driving 10 hours from Nashville to Washington D.C.  BUT totally worth it! 
I am so glad we got this trip in before we had a baby....Washington D.C. is not a place I would want to take a baby or even a toddler. They just would't appreciate everything there is to learn in D.C. 
We were able to visit so many museums. I learned a lot about what our nation has gone through in order to be where it is today.


Of course we went to a Nationals game. I've actually really enjoyed going to baseball games in the different states we visit. I mean I might not watch the game... but I love the food!! This game was special because they had fireworks at the end for the 4th of July. 



This little fan saved my life! It was the best purchase I ever made... It even had a little map which came in handy. 




We were lucky enough to visit the Washington D.C. Temple. This picture doesn't even do it justice. It was beautiful. Our cousin Tiana is serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the visitor center. 







This is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. If you are in D.C. this something you need to see. They change the guard every half hour which is an awesome experience to witness. There is always a soldier guarding this tomb no matter what the weather is like. 




I am very proud to be an American. I am grateful for all those who have and still are sacrificing their lives so that we can be free. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
01 09 10