Monday, November 5, 2012

Athens of the South


Ben and I were able to go exploring downtown! I had no idea this building was in the middle of Nashville. This is a full-scale replica of the Parthenon in Greece. Built in the late 1800's, it was first made of wood and was only supposed to be temporary, but the people loved it so much they decided to keep it. Later in the 1930's, they tore it down and rebuilt it out of stone. Today it is one of the most iconic buildings in Nashville and goes along with city's  nickname,  "Athens of the South".

We were so excited we got see the Parthenon... Felt like we were really in Greece.. If only.
So in this hall I made Ben race me and of course he won. We also played football around the outside.  Ben's trying to teach me a little more about throwing haha! I'm getting the hang of it. There is a great park surrounding the whole Parthenon, which makes it easy to play football.


Come visit and see a little piece of Greece for a lot cheaper price:) 

















1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover
01 09 10